Vegetarian Chili

There is nothing better than Chili on a cold wintery day so this weekend I made some. Instead of sauteing the onions, garlic and other vegetables in olive oil like I usually do I decided to try something different and do a water saute. I think it came out just fine and I didn't get any complaints from my husband Kevin.

In a medium sauce pan combine veggies, spices and enough water to just cover
saute for about 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and beans and bring to boil. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Add a little extra water if needed.

1 small onion chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
2 celery stalks chopped
2 portobello mushroom chopped
2 carrots
1/2 green pepper chopped
1/2 red pepper chopped

1/2 tsp chili or if you like it hotter 1 Tbsp
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or 1/2 tsp
1 tsp oregano

1-8oz can organic tomato sauce
1- 15oz can of organic red kidney beans or 2 cups cooked
1- 15oz can of organic garbanzo beans or 2 cups cooked
1 -15oz can of organic diced tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment